Here’s the architecture of pyexcel
Pull requests are welcome.
Development steps for code changes
- git clone https://github.com/pyexcel/pyexcel.git
- cd pyexcel
Upgrade your setup tools and pip. They are needed for development and testing only:
- pip install –upgrade setuptools “pip==7.1”
Then install relevant development requirements:
- pip install -r rnd_requirements.txt # if such a file exists
- pip install -r requirements.txt
- pip install -r tests/requirements.txt
In order to update test environment, and documentation, additional setps are required:
- pip install moban
- git clone https://github.com/pyexcel/pyexcel-commons.git
- make your changes in .moban.d directory, then issue command moban
What is rnd_requirements.txt¶
Usually, it is created when a dependent library is not released. Once the dependecy is installed(will be released), the future version of the dependency in the requirements.txt will be valid.
What is pyexcel-commons¶
Many information that are shared across pyexcel projects, such as: this developer guide, license info, etc. are stored in pyexcel-commons project.
What is .moban.d¶
.moban.d stores the specific meta data for the library.
How to test your contribution¶
Although nose and doctest are both used in code testing, it is adviable that unit tests are put in tests. doctest is incorporated only to make sure the code examples in documentation remain valid across different development releases.
On Linux/Unix systems, please launch your tests like this:
$ make test
On Windows systems, please issue this command:
- Has fair amount of documentation
- Has Test cases written
- Has all code lines tested
- Passes all Travis CI builds
- Pythonic code please
- Agree on NEW BSD License for your contribution